File Name Caracters

The best solution for finding and removing duplicate files.
MM

File Name Caracters

Post by MM »

I have a problem on file names, they come with strange caracters in Duplicate Cleaner because teh name is "révélation", and teh accents are not understood, even if correctly shown in Windows.
So when I ask to delete the file, the screens shows it has been done, but a new scan shows it still there. Id I delete it by hand in Windows, it works.

How can I fix this ?
DV

Re: File Name Caracters

Post by DV »

Duplicate Cleaner 2+ should cope with all filename characters. Which version are you using?
MM

Post by MM »

I am using Version 2.1.0, Audio Centre 2.0.3.1
MM

Post by MM »

And the files are on a network drive
MM

Post by MM »

The displayed name is "Thème Andrei 4.m4a" and the name on the network drive is "Thème Andrei 4.m4a"
The files are in "\\LG-NAS\volume1\Sauvegarde\Itunes MM\Musique\Le Concert" in both cases,it is Drive T: on the system
therube

Post by therube »

What search criteria are you using?

A search by content should be finding the files.
By name obviously will not.
MM

Post by MM »

Files are found no problem, just if you ask to delete them, the soft says it is done, but it is not, the file stays on the disk and on the next scan you still have the files
MM

Post by MM »

The duplicates are searched by size and found with the "stange" names, and then I do not manage to delete them.
I just tried "by content", it only found one file with a "stange" name and it did manage to delete that one.

So if you search by size, files are found and not deleted, if you search by content, files are found (less) and are deleted

Thanks for your help.