Can't find any matches iin RDP files.

Tool for Search and Replace across multiple files.
Mark

Can't find any matches iin RDP files.

Post by Mark »

I have been trying to use your program to make changes to Remote Desktop saved connection (RDP) files. They are plain text but your program doesn't seem to find anything I try. I have tried renaming the fies to .txt and opening and resaving the file with notepad. These are the standard files created by the Remote Desktop Connection program.

Please tell me if you know why this is happening.

Thank you
DV

Post by DV »

Not sure - I haven't got any RDP files to hand but it should find something - make sure that subdirectory search is turned on and the filter is correct?
Mark

Post by Mark »

Thanks for responding. I checked the filters and subdirectory and both were correct. You can create an RDP file by running "mstsc" and saving the connection. It opens as plain text in notepad and you can view the options. For example I was trying to change redirectprinters:i:0 to redirectprinters:i:1. I would appreciate it if you could get this working as I use Remote Desktop daily to support my clients.
DV

Post by DV »

Hi Mark - Checked this out.
The problem is that the rdp files are a Unicode (not ANSI) textfile. The engine in TextCrawler 1.x doesn't support Unicode. I hope to address this with TextCrawler 2.0, but it is still in the early stages of development.

If you save the files as ANSI text (using a program such as Notepad2) then the replace will work - however this is probably more trouble than it is worth if you have lots of files!