Importing Folder List

The best solution for finding and removing duplicate files.
jdc2059

Importing Folder List

Post by jdc2059 »

Hi Everyone!

Have another problem I ran into. After scanning all my files on my NAS, I then immediately exported the folder list to an excel spreadsheet. When attempting to import that spreadsheet, I receive an error. I don't have the exact error word for word, but it said something along the lines of "Error when importing folderList.csv could not convert path to integer" Any idea what this means? Any workaround? I'd hate to have to scan all the files again to repopulate the duplicate folder list.

Thanks!
-Jeremy
DigitalVolcano
Site Admin

Re: Importing Folder List

Post by DigitalVolcano »

Did you re-export the CSV file from excel using quotation marks around the fields? Not having those could cause issues. It needs to be in exactly the same format, with the same columns for the import to work.
jdc2059

Post by jdc2059 »

DigitalVolcano,

I simply exported the folder list file using the menu option in the software, and imported it using the import folder list option in the software. I made no changes to it whatsoever. I did not check to see if there were quotes surrounding the path.

Thanks!
jdc2059
DigitalVolcano
Site Admin

Post by DigitalVolcano »

Ah, I see now

The duplicate folder list is for export only - you can't re-import it back. The import option is only for the duplicate files list.

It needs a better error message adding.