Duplicate Folders

The best solution for finding and removing duplicate files.
Sorraia3

Duplicate Folders

Post by Sorraia3 »

My friend turned me on to this program and I'm currently checking out the free version and loving it, but I have a question about the Pro feature, Folder Duplicates...

She showed me on her Pro version that I can right click in the folder view and mark a folder which would then mark all contained files in the file list. Very cool, time saving feature by the way.

My question is, if I then delete those marked files, will it delete just those files or the whole folder even though there are other files in it that do not meet my criteria.

Example:
I do a search for duplicate audio files...
Folder A contains:
1.mp3
2.mp3
3.mp3
4.mp3

Folder B Contains:
1.mp3
2.mp3
3.mp3
5.mp3
6.mp3
cover.jpg

If while in folder tab I right click and mark folder B then go back to the file tab I can see that 3 files are now marked: 1.mp3, 2.mp3 and 3.mp3
If I then click to remove files, will it remove just those 3 files or the entire Folder B since I marked it on the folder tab?

I want to get Pro, but need to check on this first. I have about 20k music, 35k photo, and 60k docs to go through on a backup drive, so I would definitely want to use the folder feature, but not if it will delete whole folders unchecked.

Thanks.
DigitalVolcano
Site Admin

Re: Duplicate Folders

Post by DigitalVolcano »

You are correct - it won't remove any other files apart from the ones marked in the duplicate files list - even if you marked that folder via the duplicate folder tab.