Purchased the Pro version but 0 duplicate files

The best solution for finding and removing duplicate files.
jgreen123

Purchased the Pro version but 0 duplicate files

Post by jgreen123 »

First off, I apologize if this subject has previously been broached on the forum. I went back a ways to see if there were similar inquiries however I did not find anything.

Here is my question/concern:
I know that I have tons of duplicate audio files which prompted me to purchase the software. The same can be said for images/photos. I performed a scan and my results denoted 0 duplicate files. There is no way, no how, that I do not have a least 1 duplicate file on my hard drive. Has anyone else had this problem? Can anyone provide me some troubleshooting tips in the event they have an idea of where myself of the software is malfunctioning? I would appreciate it.
DigitalVolcano
Site Admin

Re: Purchased the Pro version but 0 duplicate files

Post by DigitalVolcano »

What criteria have you set?
jgreen123

Post by jgreen123 »

I tried a second scan and then got hung-up/frozen for over 5 hours so I cancelled it. Below you will find the boxes I have checked for each tab. Any help would be appreciated.

Regular Mode
Only "Same Content" is checked

More Search Options
Don't Scan System File Folders
Don't Follow NTFS

Image Mode
Same Aspect Ratio
Find Rotated
Find Flipped

Audio Mode
Same Artist
Same Title
therube

Post by therube »

While you may have particular settings set for particular "Modes", only one "Mode" is in effect at a time.
Which Mode is in effect is based solely on the particular Mode tab that has focus.
And any settings only affect the currently focused mode.
(Did that make sense?)

Anyhow... (IMO) as you explore, its always better to start small & get an understanding of whats going on before biting off bigger chucks.

So create a temporary directory, copy a file on it, make a copy of that file, then set Duplicate Cleaner to search only that directory.

A Regular Mode scan, same content (& assuming you have not set filters [like extensions, size, date ...]) will turn up those two dups.
therube

Post by therube »

I have tons of duplicate audio files
In what way are they duplicates?
"Exact"?
Or might their tags differ?
Or might their names be the same, but bitrate (& so size & content differ)?

So depending on how they are "duplicate", you may need to adjust your search settings.
IOW if not "exact", then a Regular Mode, Same Content search will not turn up anything.
And that is then expected.