Block of text - search and replace problems

Tool for Search and Replace across multiple files.
Vasago

Block of text - search and replace problems

Post by Vasago »

Hello,
I am trying to use extended Search and replace text with a block:

Text
Text2
Text3

It does NOT find any UTF8 (NO BOM) encoded files. (I tried to set in editor all options of line endings).

When I search only one line "text" it does search in all types of files.

Is it possible to search block of text in all files no metter encoding? This is frustration that it does not search in all files like in "one-line search".

Thank you.
DigitalVolcano
Site Admin

Re: Block of text - search and replace problems

Post by DigitalVolcano »

Have you made sure the line-ending types match? (e.g. CR / CR/LF, LF, etc).
You can change this in options. Note: you may need to re-enter your search text each time you change the line ending setting.
Vasago

Post by Vasago »

Yes I tried that ... in some cases it just does not find specific files which have different line endings ....

Can this be fixed somehow so it will search all files no matter line endings? This is frustrating ...

Thank you.
Vasago

Post by Vasago »

There is an error with detection of right encoding and !MOSTLY END OF FILE CODING! that is the whole problem I think ...

I have in folder files all saved using PSPAD into UTF-8 and DOS line ending - but when searching - I still have to swich line endings even though all files has the same endings.

Thank you.

(All Files has CRLF (DOS) end of line and UTF-8 encoding but when searching text it does detect it in a wrong way - see attachments)
Some files are searched with CRLF line endings and some of them with only LF endings when searched ... Please fix that - thank you!
DigitalVolcano
Site Admin

Post by DigitalVolcano »

Have you got any example files you can attach/send where it isn't finding multi-line text? Thanks!