Batch Processing Options

Tool for Search and Replace across multiple files.
cferri

Batch Processing Options

Post by cferri »

In order to specify a find/replace job accurately via the command line, it should be possible to pass all information regarding the job to TextCrawler.

Unfortunately, this is not the case. The batch command .txc file only contains the bare find/replace instructions and the other command line parameters are a very limited subset of the options available in the GUI. Some important parameters missing are the file filter, start location and backup option.

When a job is run from the command line, presumably, the file filter etc are the same as when TextCrawler was last run. This is not very useful because the last used values could potentially have no meaning to the batch job.

It would be better if the .txc file contained the full specification of the job, including all the settings required for TextCrawler to process the required files.
DigitalVolcano
Site Admin

Re: Batch Processing Options

Post by DigitalVolcano »

You can set most of what you require inside the batch file from the 'Command' drop down in the batch editor:

Inputs
Set input folder [Folder name(s)]
Set file filter [Filter]
Set exclude filter [Filter]
Scan subfolders on
Scan subfolders off
Set input file [File name]

Outputs
Update original file
Output in new folder [Folder name]
Output in new folder (keep structure) [Folder name]
Output in new file [Prefix],[Suffix]

Read/write settings
Set Binary mode on
Set Binary mode off
Set line mode on
Set line mode off
Read lines from [line no]
Read lines to [line no]

The backup option isn't there, but if there is anything missing let me know and I'll see if I can get it added for v.3.0.5
cferri

Re: Batch Processing Options

Post by cferri »

Thanks for pointing that out, I didn't spot that the Command was a drop down list.