TextCrawler Pro 3.02 Bug report: Additional Command Line var

Tool for Search and Replace across multiple files.
Julian Shen

TextCrawler Pro 3.02 Bug report: Additional Command Line var

Post by Julian Shen »

In Setting Options - External Programs -> Open Using Specified Application options -> Additional Command Line Parameters, TextCrawler provide two variables [File] and [Line] for call external editor, but the variable [Line] may have a bug, it seems like always been set to 0.

I use EmEditor and set the Additional Command Line Parameters to "[File] /l [Line]", and I run TextCrawler, find a tag then run associate, but it run editor and open current file and go to line 1, not founded tag's line.

When I use two samples of command line Parameters in TextCrawler's Manual like below:

Notepad++
[File] -n[Line]

NotePad2
/g [Line] [File]

It's also run editor and go into line 1 too.

At last, when I change Additional Command Line Parameters to "[Line]" and run the associate, the editor open a new empty file which names "0". So I thing the variable [Line] must be set to a fixed value 0.

Please fixed this bug ASAP.

Julian Shen.
DigitalVolcano
Site Admin

Re: TextCrawler Pro 3.02 Bug report: Additional Command Line

Post by DigitalVolcano »

I've tracked down this bug. It sends the line number as zero to the external program when the search was done in "Process line by line" mode or "Limit to lines" mode. In "Read entire file" with "Process line by line" unchecked the line number is sent correctly.

I'll get this fixed in v3.0.3. Thanks for reporting!
DigitalVolcano
Site Admin

Re: TextCrawler Pro 3.02 Bug report: Additional Command Line

Post by DigitalVolcano »

This is now fixed in v3.0.3.