Hide duplication within folder

The best solution for finding and removing duplicate files.
guest2

Hide duplication within folder

Post by guest2 »

Hi awesome software, but i have some trouble using it,

my case is i have dozen google take out zip and inside there are over 300k photo that i need to find duplicate and delete it, some of which i successfully deleted using this software,

the duplicate photo i'm having problem to remove is Timeshift burst photo from sony xperia, which take 61 photo in bursts mode, and the problem is google edited some of the photo by applying filter or some even removing their exif tag,

example

Google take out folder 1
file :01-61 no exif tag, applied filter

Google take out folder 2
file :01-61 exif tag, no applied filter

Google take out folder 3
file :01-61 no exif, no applied filter

using same regular mode with same content option or similar will not find any since those file are edited even if they are the same image.
using image mode with good match or very strict match, will find the duplicate

the second option seem the good way but it's not, since it detect duplicate within each folder because of the burst shoot (meaning the image will have only minor difference but it's not a duplicate)
example of duplication result :

Group 1 result
Google take out folder 1
google take out folder 2
google take out folder 3

Group 2 result
Google take out folder 1
03, 04, 05
Google take out folder 2
04, 05
Google take out folder 3
03, 05

Group 3 result
Google take out folder 1

Google take out folder 2

Google take out folder 3

as you can see the second result and third result is confusing because it doesn't detect like the first result but instead it detected photo 3, 4, and 5 in folder 1 as the same which it's not (Burst shot) and it doesn't detect the same photo in folder 2 (number 3 is missing) and in folder 3 is missing photo number 4, or group 3 result which is more confusing

i tried to disable the scan against self in the folder option but it still show result like group 2 and 3 result

can you help me suggest an option to works with this fileset? i can give you some example photo if you need

also could you add an option so the < and > button in image preview work in quick filters, so if i marked group 1,3,5 and use quick filter to show only checked group which is 3,4,5, if i press the image preview and press the > button, it cycle through 1,3,5 not 1,2,3,4,5,6,7,8,etc

and maybe file size in image preview

sorry for my bad english :D

thanks
guest2

Re: Hide duplication within folder

Post by guest2 »

also why is there is no option for same modification date AND time
there is only same modification date OR time
same with EXIF date taken
guest2

Post by guest2 »

also could you add thumbnail view so it's easier to check which mark i need to change
DigitalVolcano
Site Admin

Post by DigitalVolcano »

I think I understand your problem - I'm not sure how to get round it though. You need a 'Not in the same folder' criteria. 'Don't scan against self' does this partially, but once a file has duplicates (across folders) it tends to show ALL copies of that file, even within the same folder. This logic makes sense, as it is displaying that each copy of a file found has a duplicate outside that folder. I hope this makes sense :)

guest2 wrote:also could you add thumbnail view so it's easier to check which mark i need to change
The thumbnail view currently in development. You can checkmark from the image viewer in V4 though.
guest2 wrote:also why is there is no option for same modification date AND time
there is only same modification date OR time
same with EXIF date taken
The criteria is Date AND Time by default for both date modified and date created.
audge218

Post by audge218 »

guest2 wrote: Wed Jul 20, 2016 8:37 pm also could you add an option so the < and > button in image preview work in quick filters, so if i marked group 1,3,5 and use quick filter to show only checked group which is 3,4,5, if i press the image preview and press the > button, it cycle through 1,3,5 not 1,2,3,4,5,6,7,8,etc
Ahh, yes! Please add this feature! It's very difficult to keep track of things when it scrolls 1,2,3,4,5,6,7 etc rather than keeping to the groups shown in the quick filter "Group Has Mark" (i.e. 2,6,11,13)

(I love to use the image viewer and scroll using the arrows and alt-arrows - though ctrl-arrows or page up/down would be nice to have as secondary options)

Thank you for your program. Please update if you can! THANK YOU!

Audrey

UPDATE: I'm totally laughing right now. I JUST found a work around for this issue. (15 minutes after posting to the board LOL)
If you change from the "Details View" to the "Thumbnail View" on the main screen (found between "Quick Columns" and the magnifying glass and question mark) and then you go to the Image Viewer it will skip the non selected groups!! (i.e. 2,6,11,13 vs 2,3,4,5,6,7,8.....)

UPDATE TO THE UPDATE:
That work around is not working today. Ugh. Please add in this feature. Thank you.
DigitalVolcano
Site Admin

Post by DigitalVolcano »

In version 4.1.0 it only honours the filters in the Unique files view.

The good news is that for the upcoming 4.1.1 there have been a lot of tweaks and fixes to the Image Preview. One of which is that it now follows the group numbers as filtered in the main list when navigating using the Previous/Next group buttons!
audge218

Post by audge218 »

Awesome! Thank you so much!
thorvath

Post by thorvath »

Yes, that is useful.