Duplicate Cleaner 4.0 Beta

The best solution for finding and removing duplicate files.
therube

Re: Duplicate Cleaner 4.0 Beta

Post by therube »

There is no convenient way to view or edit Search Filters.

I have quite a long one that I've created & given the tools in DC, well it just doesn't cut it ;-).

Code: Select all

*.3g2;*.3gp;*.3gp2;*.3gpp;*.amr;*.amv;*.asf;*.avi;*.bdmv;*.bik;*.d2v;*.divx;*.drc;*.dsa;*.dsm;*.dss;*.dsv;*.evo;*.f4v;*.flc;*.fli;*.flic;*.flv;*.hdmov;*.ifo;*.ivf;*.m1v;*.m2p;*.m2t;*.m2ts;*.m2v;*.m4b;*.m4p;*.m4v;*.mkv;*.mp2v;*.mp4;*.mp4v;*.mpe;*.mpeg;*.mpg;*.mpls;*.mpv2;*.mpv4;*.mov;*.mts;*.ogm;*.ogv;*.pss;*.pva;*.qt;*.ram;*.ratdvd;*.rm;*.rmm;*.rmvb;*.roq;*.rpm;*.smil;*.smk;*.swf;*.tp;*.tpr;*.ts;*.vob;*.vp6;*.webm;*.wm;*.wmp;*.wmv;*.h264;*.ra;*.srt;*.dtapart
therube

Post by therube »

RFE: Similar content, option to exclude 100% (exact) content & (maybe or) option to display %Similar (at least to identify files that are similar vs. files that are 100%.

Idea being that I had first run Same Content, & now I want Similar rather then Same, & I don't care to see Same because I've already done what I want with them, & those that I've left (duplicates of) I don't want to have to think about again, but instead concentrate on Similar.

(Now if there are Similar to something that happened to be the Same, before, that's a different matter, & they should be listed.)

And as it is, I don't know if files are Same or Similar without running each set through a file hash program (or similar). Likewise, if they are Similar, then I'll want to investigate them, but if they are the Same, I want to dismiss them, as I've already been there, done that.
DigitalVolcano
Site Admin

Post by DigitalVolcano »

therube wrote:There is no convenient way to view or edit Search Filters.

I have quite a long one that I've created & given the tools in DC, well it just doesn't cut it ;-).

Code: Select all

*.3g2;*.3gp;*.3gp2;*.3gpp;*.amr;*.amv;*.asf;*.avi;*.bdmv;*.bik;*.d2v;*.divx;*.drc;*.dsa;*.dsm;*.dss;*.dsv;*.evo;*.f4v;*.flc;*.fli;*.flic;*.flv;*.hdmov;*.ifo;*.ivf;*.m1v;*.m2p;*.m2t;*.m2ts;*.m2v;*.m4b;*.m4p;*.m4v;*.mkv;*.mp2v;*.mp4;*.mp4v;*.mpe;*.mpeg;*.mpg;*.mpls;*.mpv2;*.mpv4;*.mov;*.mts;*.ogm;*.ogv;*.pss;*.pva;*.qt;*.ram;*.ratdvd;*.rm;*.rmm;*.rmvb;*.roq;*.rpm;*.smil;*.smk;*.swf;*.tp;*.tpr;*.ts;*.vob;*.vp6;*.webm;*.wm;*.wmp;*.wmv;*.h264;*.ra;*.srt;*.dtapart
You can do this by pasting in (or selecting) your long filter in the drop down list, and just clicking the select button next to the filter. You can now save the filter under a name such as 'media files' or some such. (the 'save custom' button)
phila

Post by phila »

therube wrote:RFE: Similar content, option to exclude 100% (exact) content & (maybe or) option to display %Similar (at least to identify files that are similar vs. files that are 100%.

Idea being that I had first run Same Content, & now I want Similar rather then Same, & I don't care to see Same because I've already done what I want with them, & those that I've left (duplicates of) I don't want to have to think about again, but instead concentrate on Similar.

(Now if there are Similar to something that happened to be the Same, before, that's a different matter, & they should be listed.)

And as it is, I don't know if files are Same or Similar without running each set through a file hash program (or similar). Likewise, if they are Similar, then I'll want to investigate them, but if they are the Same, I want to dismiss them, as I've already been there, done that.
I'll second that one
therube

Post by therube »

Fired up DC.

Existing settings had Size filter; Min 9 MB, Max 36 MB.
Start Scan.

After it got on its way, thought I'd be better off changing the Size filter, so Cancelled the scan.

Set Size filter; Min 36 MB, & I wiped out the Max (so it was blank - rather then entering a '0' or some large number) to indicate no Max size.
Start Scan.

The Discovering Files dialog shows...
-Same Content (MD5)
-Min size: 36 MB (correct)
-Max size: 36 MB <====== incorrect

(I'll tell you in a bit if it in fact did only scan for 36 MB files...)

Yes, in fact that is just what it did.
Only searched for 36 MB files.

You should be able to duplicate.
Min 9, Max 36 -> Scan => Cancel
Min 9, Max [blank] -> Scan ---> observe the Discovering dialog => Cancel

Jump to the Max size box, either enter '0' or hit a Tab or click some other setting - other then 'Start scan'.
The Tab or clicking some other setting, will "enter" a '0' as Max size, & if you then Scan, it will be as wanted.
If you wipe out the Max size [blank], then immediately hit 'Start scan', your scan will be in error.
therube

Post by therube »

More duplicate options
Same size xxxxxx Bytes tolerance

Bytes should instead be a dropdown like the Search filter, File sizes selector.

Much easier to enter a 1 MB size tolerance rather then 1000000 (Bytes).
(Did I get the right number of zeros there ;-) ?)
DigitalVolcano
Site Admin

Post by DigitalVolcano »

therube wrote:Fired up DC.
If you wipe out the Max size [blank], then immediately hit 'Start scan', your scan will be in error.
Thanks, fixed this.