How do I open photograph folders?

The best solution for finding and removing duplicate files.
patj

How do I open photograph folders?

Post by patj »

I've downloaded Duplicate Cleaner to my two laptops. On the first, when I wanted to clean away the duplicate photographs, the scan went through the photos individually, and listed them all ready for me to delete the duplicates. However, the second laptop, although as far as I can see on all the same settings, is only checking to see if the folders themselves are duplicated (which of course they are not) and not going through the individual photographs. Please will someone tell me what I should do?
patj

Re: How do I open photograph folders?

Post by patj »

By the way, if anyone is able to help, please spell it out for me action by action as my computer skills are a little limited! Thanks
therube

Re: How do I open photograph folders?

Post by therube »

Ensure that you are performing an Image Mode search (under Search Criteria, & rather then Regular or Audio search).
(The search criteria tab that you have in focus determines the mode used.)

For results, ensure that you're looking at Duplicate Files (tab) & not Duplicate Folders.

And that said, IMO, you're better off, initially, doing a Regular Mode search, by Content, with Pictures set as filter, as that should be much faster then an Image Mode search.
Once those exact duplicates are knocked out, then tighten up criteria, jumping to Image Mode.