Duplicate cleaner accessibility

The best solution for finding and removing duplicate files.
tspivey

Duplicate cleaner accessibility

Post by tspivey »

I'm blind, and trying to evaluate duplicate cleaner pro to fix my music.
I notice there are a lot of unlabeled buttons. For example, if I go to the scan location section,
There's the where to look edit box, a tree view, and two unlabeled buttons in the tab order.
After the list, 3 more unlabeled buttons, and more in other parts of the app.
Could this please be looked into for a future update? It might not be difficult to fix.
Searching says since this is a winforms app, you can try using the AccessibleName property on the buttons that don't have any text. This should tell the screen reader what to read for them.

See: http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library ... .110).aspx

I'd be happy to test whatever you come up with. I'm using NVDA as my screen reader, which is free.

Another problem, pressing the applications key (context menu key) on things doesn't work in some cases. For example, the folder in the tree view. Pressing this should bring up a right click menu, same as in explorer or other apps.
therube

Re: Duplicate cleaner accessibility

Post by therube »

DigitalVolcano
Site Admin

Re: Duplicate cleaner accessibility

Post by DigitalVolcano »

We hope to improve the accessibility in the next version. Populating the AccessibleName with certainly be a priority.

The last update had a fix to enable the application (menu) context key in the main duplicate list.