Duplicate Cleaner 3 Pro 64 Bit [beta]

The best solution for finding and removing duplicate files.
DigitalVolcano
Site Admin

Duplicate Cleaner 3 Pro 64 Bit [beta]

Post by DigitalVolcano »

There is a beta of a 64 bit version of Duplicate Cleaner Pro 3.1.5 available for download:
http://www.digitalvolcano.co.uk/downloa ... etup64.exe

This 64 bit build will help users who are managing large amounts of files. It is advisable to uninstall the 32 bit version before installing this one.
comp9

Re: Duplicate Cleaner 3 Pro 64 Bit [beta]

Post by comp9 »

This came at a fantastic time. I've used the pro version of your product for several years now but lately I've moved on to working with more of my files at once. When I remove more than 70,000 files at once the memory usage goes to about 1GB for the program and then stops--soon after the program will run very slowly and crash if I let it run slowly for a few hours. I have 14GB free physical memory so I was coming here to ask if there was a way for me to allocate more memory to the program.

The number it always stopped at currently for memory usage (private set) was 1,102,401k.
DigitalVolcano
Site Admin

Post by DigitalVolcano »

Hope it helps. Remember it's a beta so always be sure your data is backed up.
Chris from BDJ

Post by Chris from BDJ »

Hello, Image

I purchased your program today via BitsDuJour. After I choose what I want it to scan and start the scan it freezes up on me. At the top in the bar beside the name of the program it shows (Not Responding). I have had it running since I installed it and registered it and it is still frozen and shows it is/was scanning and is at 12.6%.

I have posted this in the comments part on BDJ and used you sites contact form to send this to you as well.

My question is, Will this 64bit version fix the freezing up as it starts scanning? What is the difference between the 32 and 64bit versions?

Can I install the 64bit in to a different location and keep them both installed? Will they both be registered or will I need a new serial for the 64bit version.

I know, lots of questions, lol

Please help me fix this because it looked like it might be a lot better then other programs of this type. If I can never get it to work, even though it said on BDJ in the fine print that there are No Refunds, can I get a refund?

Thanks for your time and hopefully fix to this problem. Image
maz1207

Post by maz1207 »

Hi, i purchased this software on BitsDujour too. I scanned my laptop and only found images and websites files (.php, .html, .js, .css, etc) but not .zip file. I know i have a lot of .zip files duplicated but why can't this software detect it? How do i scan for .zip files only? Does it detect .pdf file too? This software also keep on freezing while scanning or when i switch tabs from "duplicate files" to other tabs, not only the software freezes but my laptop too (browsers and any other software that is running at that time). Can i get a refund for my purchase if this thing keeps on freezing on my laptop? I know the refund policy on BitsDujour stated that "no refund" but it's annoying when your laptop/PC keeps on freezing when you run this software. I hope you can find a solution for this. Thanks. :)
Groo

Post by Groo »

Is there a 3.1.6 build of the 64-bit version available?
DigitalVolcano
Site Admin

Post by DigitalVolcano »

maz1207 wrote: I know i have a lot of .zip files duplicated but why can't this software detect it? How do i scan for .zip files only? Does it detect .pdf file too? This software also keep on freezing while scanning or when i switch tabs from "duplicate files" to other tabs, not only the software freezes but my laptop too (browsers and any other software that is running at that time). Can i get a refund for my purchase if this thing keeps on freezing on my laptop? I know the refund policy on BitsDujour stated that "no refund" but it's annoying when your laptop/PC keeps on freezing when you run this software. I hope you can find a solution for this. Thanks. :)
You can detect the actual zip files by turning off the 'scan inside zip files' option. That way the zip file is treated as a file rather than a folder.
Not sure why it is freezing, but if you are still unhappy you are welcome to a refund. Email support for more info. Thanks!
DigitalVolcano
Site Admin

Post by DigitalVolcano »

Groo wrote:Is there a 3.1.6 build of the 64-bit version available?
No, but Duplicate Cleaner release 3.2.0 will have the 64 bit version integrated by default - should be released later this month.