Deleting into a specific folder

The best solution for finding and removing duplicate files.
jady

Deleting into a specific folder

Post by jady »

Hello,
I try to get rid of duplicate files found in folder A and folder B.
I use the option to keep one file and delete all the others in the same group found.
But my favorite option would be to delete files in folder A when possible and not in folder B.
Of course when duplicates files are all in folder B these can be deleted (exept one)
How can I do this ?
thanks
Jady
DigitalVolcano
Site Admin

Re: Deleting into a specific folder

Post by DigitalVolcano »

Could the select by location (master path) function help? This lets you choose a folder and will mark all the files in other places that duplicate that folder:
http://www.duplicatecleaner.com/manual/ ... =&sct=OTA=
jady

Post by jady »

Thanks for this information !
But it preserves files in a specific folder. Imagine that I have 2 duplicate files in the folder that is not in the preserve path, I would erase both files without saving at least one... I want to mix the fonction that allow to preserve one file in each group and preserve path at the same time. Could it possible ? Or I do not understand maybe :(
Thanks
Jady
DigitalVolcano
Site Admin

Post by DigitalVolcano »

This function won't remove other duplicates in the 'don't preserve' path, it only targets the duplicates contained in both paths. You can run this first, remove the duplicates, then run the 'All but one in each group' afterwards.
jady

Post by jady »

Thanks ! I will try first on few sample files just to be sure as it is not crystal clear at this moment for me !
thanks